Wednesday 7 August 2013

Too Faced- The Bronzed & The Beautiful Palette Review (and some freebies!)

Hi Guys,

How have your weeks been so far? Mine has been busy, lots of dinners and drinks after work, and I've been dying to do a review on my new Too Faced palette all week but just haven't found the time (until now!).

As I mentioned in my last post, this palette was a bit of an impulse-buy after drooling over it at my friend's house on Saturday. I am a bit of a bronzer addict to be honest, and despite my best efforts I just haven't managed to find my ultimate bronzer in my quest for the perfect, healthy glow. My recent favourite has been Chanel's Bronze Universel, but I am always on the lookout for a great new product, and after trying this I just had to get it for myself.

I bought this Too Faced palette from ASOS, primarily because I am a regular ASOS shopper and have signed up to their free Next Day Delivery service. It also had the added benefit of offering a 10% student discount off the original price of the palette (£28), so I snatched it up for just £25.20. Given that a full sized bronzer from Too Faced would set you back £25, this palette (containing 5 different products) seemed like a pretty good deal!



This palette is the 'French Riviera edition' so is decorated with lots of 50's style beach scenes, which I love. I think Too Faced package all of their products really well, although the size of this palette does not make it ideal to just slip into your handbag. The products within the palette are: 


- Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
- Snow Bunny Perfecting Bronze
- Sun Bunny Classic Bronze
- Powdered Sun Highlighter (exclusive to this palette)
- Primed and Poreless Bronze Tint Primer (5g)


The Chocolate Soleil is my current favourite as it really does smell deliciously chocolatey and reminds me of the Bourjois Delice de Poudre. I have been using this shade for contouring and then highlighting my cheekbones with the Powdered Sun, which is a great shade for Summer as it is yellow toned. 
Sun Bunny is one of Too Faced's more popular products, although it is quite shimmery rather than matte and so more of a night time product in my eyes. I like the fact that it is two-toned so can be made as subtle or as defined as you like, and I can't wait to use some of this on my next night out with my Costa Chic lipstick from MAC- such a great summer look! 
The Snow Bunny bronzer on the other hand is described by Too Faced as a Winter bronzer, probably due to the pinker tones in the highlighter, and I really like the idea that this palette will see me through all seasons! I have used some of the highlighter alone on days when I have not been wearing much makeup and it is a great product for lifting the complexion and making skin look a bit brighter.
Top Left: Chocolate Soleil, Top Right: Sun Bunny, Bottom Left: Powdered Sun, Bottom Right: Snow Bunny
I also love that this product comes with a primer. I bought myself a Too Faced primer some time ago and deliberated for ages whether to get the bronzing primer or the normal.. I settled for the normal in the end, so I'm so pleased to have a chance to try this one! This just gives a really subtle, healthy colour to the skin and leaves a really smooth base to apply foundation. I find the Too Faced primers quite silky and not remotely greasy, and I love that they are quite thick so you can really tell the difference after applying.

Finally, also included were some instruction cards on how to create different looks using the palette. This is great for those that are new to contouring and need a bit of help, or just for those that need a bit of inspiration! Personally I have not tried to follow any of the looks given in the instructions yet, but would be interested to try them out at some point.
All in all I think this palette is one of my favourite purchases recently, and one that I will certainly get a lot of use out of. There is not a single product that I'm not sure about or that I won't use, the sign of a good palette, and I can't wait to take it with me when I go to Reading Festival in a few weeks. Have you tried any Too Faced products recently? What is your  current favourite bronzer??
Before I go I also wanted to share with you a couple of the freebies that I've picked up recently! I have been wanting to try out a few different foundations, particularly after reading good reviews, so after work yesterday I nipped to Oxford Street to hit up some of the beauty counters. I didn't buy anything, but picked up foundation samples of Clinique Stay Matte, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Chanel Perfection Lumiere and Kiehl's BB Cream. Samples for me are an absolute lifesaver as I am so indecisive when it comes to foundations and I love to road test any new products before committing to a big purchase. Is that just me, or do you do the same?!

Finally, I also picked up the September issue of Elle magazine and got this Bumble & Bumble Thickening Spray as a free gift! I love B&B products but they are a little pricey, so I can't wait to try this out and let you know what I thought.

Have you picked up any good freebies lately?

Anyway, that's all from me today, night night all!

Rosie x




3 comments:

  1. I need to go sample shopping soon :) lol I followed with boglovin and google +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow! And yes sample shopping is the best!x

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :)
    http://katesbeautystation.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html

    X

    ReplyDelete