Thursday 29 August 2013

Feeling Wild...


*Not my image*

Evening Everyone!




I know that I am arriving realllly late to the 'ombre' party, but I'm finally here! I decided yesterday on a bit of a whim to give my hair the 'home dip dye' treatment and bought myself a L'Oreal 'Wild Ombres' kit in colour No. 2.

Personally I was pretty nervous about doing this at home- although I've dyed my hair before I have never bleached it, and I have been severely put off from doing so listening to some of my friends' horror stories. In fact, I deliberated over this for ages in my bathroom at home, kit in hand, and even dug out an emergency semi-perm kit in case it all went horribly wrong!

As it happens I don't think it did go horribly wrong, although I wouldn't say that this is the easiest kit in the world to use. I chose colour No. 2 which is the shade for 'dark blonde to medium brown' hair, purely because I preferred the photo on the front (in the photo for dark hair the model's dip dye looks decidedly ginger..). The kit contained all of the usual suspects: gloves, powdered bleach, colour solution, nourishing shampoo etc, as well as an odd little brush to apply the bleach. The kit suggested starting midway down your hair and brushing through to the ends, but I worried that the ends would end up darker than the middle-bits, and so I found myself starting at the bottom and working my way up.

It's really nerve-racking trying to blend the bleach into your hair in a way that isn't going to come out all stripy. I did use the brush provided but found a lot of the bleach clung to the brush rather than to my hair, and so I ended up combing it through with a wide tooth comb. I also tried to do a little bit of backcombing to try and achieve a graduated colour effect.

L'Oreal suggest leaving the solution on for up to 45 minutes, although I was completely paranoid after 25 minutes and ended up washing it off early. I'm actually really glad I did- the effect I've ended up with is not blonde and thankfully not ginger; it is more of a caramel tone that blends quite nicely with my natural colour. I used barely half of the bleach solution provided and threw the rest away, but I would say that the key to this kit is to be cautious with it and to do the ombre in stages- if you are not happy with it then you can always do a second bleach at a later date. It is always a bit of a risk bleaching your hair at home, but I found that this kit was a great way to give my hair a bit of a lift and a revamp without the salon price tag. Plus I think it looks pretty cool!

Have you tried the L'Oreal Wild Ombre kit? Let me know what you think!

PS. OMG I almost forgot!! Thanks to all of those that entered my giveaway- it is now closed and congratulations to my winner Katie Nelson from Curled Fantasies who has won all of those Revlon goodies!

Rosie x

'Before' Shot
'After' Shot


17 comments:

  1. I use these kits for my ombre, if you want any tips or anything on how I keep mine in condition do let me know :)
    http://katiesworld-ofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that would be great! My ends are already pretty dry and have been using L'oreal Extraordinary Oil on them, but any tips would be great!

      Rosie x

      Delete
  2. Oooo ♥♥ your ombre! It's not too drastic but very noticeable!
    I've never used an actual ombre kit but I did achieve a similar effect just using normal dye.

    -xoxo, Selorm.
    sjtx.webnode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really pleased with it although think maybe I should have left it on a teeeeny bit longer :)

      Rosie x

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely and very blended :) Success!

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, I'm so pleased it was a success- I was so nervous!!

      Rosie x

      Delete
  4. I think it looks very very good on you :)

    FASHIONARTED
    http://www.fashionarted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I am following you on Bloglovin' and will definitely be checking out your blog!

      Rosie x

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried this kit but I did ombre my hair at the beginning of this year and might use it to redo it :) It looks so lovely on you! I follow you, would you mind checking out my newest post/blog?
    Thanks!!
    http://rubyemeliablogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course! Thanks your comment, I am really happy with the results! I am following you now and will definitely check out your blog :)

      Rosie x

      Delete
  6. Hi Rosie! Love this post, I really want to Ombre my hair too! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award - find out about it here http://www.emsypickle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award.html I hope you do the post! Let me know if you do, I'd love to read it :) xx emma xx @emsypickle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mind me asking what shade of lip color you're wearing in the "after" picture? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- it's one of my favourites!! It is Costa Chic by MAC x

      Delete
  8. hey i found your blog via the bbloggers global hop! what does the little brush look like? i was thinking about getting this kit and then putting a bright colour on top using the brush.
    SarahSickHearts.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for visiting! I've found a photo of the brush here for you: http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/brands/hair-color/feria-wild-ombre.aspx but it is quite small and fiddly I found.

      I love the look of your blog btw and am following you now on Bloglovin :)

      Rosie x

      Delete
  9. Amazing post, I love the detail you put on all your post...would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin? follow me and leave a comment on my blog and i shall surely be following you back

    www.withinmystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely check yours out and would love to follow each other :)

      Rosie x

      Delete