Thursday 8 August 2013

Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation Review

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are looking forward to the weekend- I know I am!

I was really excited yesterday when my Avon delivery arrived containing the Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation. I had read rave reviews about this foundation on loads of different blogs with people comparing it to the likes of Estee Lauder Doublewear in terms of quality, and I couldn't wait to try it. This was the first time that I'd ordered cosmetics from Avon, and I spent sooo long researching this foundation to try and work out what shade I should order. A lot of the reviews that I read stated that the foundation is quite orange in colour and that even the ivory shades are too dark for light skin tones, so I was particularly cautious with my decision and eventually went for the shade 'Nude'.



This foundation feels quite high end and I love the fact that it comes with both a pump and a cap to avoid spillages. The texture is very similar to Doublewear or MAC Studio Fix and is neither creamy nor watery in my opinion. One thing I did notice was that in the bottle it seemed to be almost shimmery which I worried would be too 'dewy' for my oily skin to take, but in reality I was pleased to find the finish was very matte.

I have to say that when it arrived it struck me as being a little lighter than I'd expected, and not the orange-colour that others had suggested. I usually use shade NW20 from MAC and this foundation, when held against my MAC Studio Fix, looks a fair bit lighter. However, the Ideal Flawless foundation does blend beautifully and as shown in the swatches below it actually matched my tone really well once applied.






I applied this foundation using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. As you can see, it was a fair bit paler than the rest of my body upon application (I have been using my Cocoa Brown fake tan, review of that here), but this was barely noticeable once I'd done the finished look. I personally do think that this foundation oxidises slightly over the course of the day, but I found that I didn't really mind this as thankfully I bought a lighter shade than I normally would. If you are thinking of buying this foundation for yourself I would definitely suggest doing the same!

Overall I was really pleased with the Ideal Flawless foundation's performance over the course of the day- it was very matte upon application and pretty much stayed put, I only needed to apply powder once in the late afternoon (due to travelling on the sweaty London underground!). I would say that this is every bit as good as others in its price range like the Revlon Colourstay foundation, and I am really pleased to have found a good, reasonably priced, everyday foundation (it retails on the Avon website for £12). The coverage is medium to full but feels quite light on the skin, and I think my face did take on an almost flawless look- YAY! I think this might be the start of my love affair with Avon...

Can you recommend any Avon products that you think I should try?? Feel free to leave me a comment, as always!

Rosie x

PS. I have not forgotten about my promise to run a giveaway to celebrate reaching 50 followers- it is coming soon!


Foundation alone (and eyebrows- I need the eyebrows!)
The same foundation but this time with a full face of slap on!





7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for following me on bloglovin, I'm following you back!
    I love your necklace btw (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem and thank you! It is from River Island :) x

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I remember I used to get AVON a loonnng time ago, and now I miss it. There doesn't seem to be any round here at the moment. Great review :)

    Jasmine @ rabbit-wood.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, it's been a while since I've had an Avon lady knocking at my door hehe. I love your blog by the way, and your photos are amazing!x

      Delete
  3. Oooh this foundation seems good! I always hover over the magazine page with this foundation on and um and ah over it haha. I have a lipstick by them from their range Color Trend in Think Fast Pink and it's in a pen shape and the stick retracts outwards, I tried finding it online for you to send a link but I can't see it! The colour is so nice, pigmented and really longlasting and is pretty cheap as well so I would definitely recommend one of them if you found it in the catalogue or elsewhere! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you for the recommendation I will have a look for it! I have only ever really bought haircare from Avon before as I have heard such mixed things about the makeup and it's so annoying that you can't trial any of the products! I will have to be more adventurous in future though :) x

      Delete
  4. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my post to find out more, xoxo

    www.notcentralfashion.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete