Wednesday 21 August 2013

Face Of The Day


Hi Everyone,

Today I am doing my second Face Of The Day post so that I can share with you my first EVER mineral foundation (yes, I know, about time!!). This is a new purchase for me but I'm already a huge fan- the powder formula is so silky on my skin and just last and lasts. 

I am using the ELF Personal Blend Mineral Foundation which I bought as part of my recent ELF haul. I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of the packaging- the product comes with four different shades of foundation which you are meant to mix to find your 'personal blend'. Unfortunately, this makes it quite difficult to mix the exact same shade every time, and the powder does not come out as easily as I would like. Nevertheless, I still really like the product itself, and it is a fraction of the price of the other big mineral foundation brands.

On my face today I am wearing:

Prep:

Face:

Brow:
The usual - GOSH Eye Brow Kit

Cheeks:
Too Faced The Bronzed and The Beautiful Palette (Chocolate Soleil to Bronze and Powdered Sun to highlight)

Eyes:

Lips:
YSL Glossy Stain in 19 - Beige Aquarelle

I used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for buffing in the mineral powder, which made application really smooth and simple. The rest of my make-up I tried to keep relatively neutral so as not to detract from the nice, fresh-faced look of the mineral foundation.

And that's my face of the day, I hope you like it! Have any of you tried the ELF Personal Blend Foundation?
ELF Personal Blend Foundation

Feel free to leave me a comment as always and send me your links!

Rosie x




9 comments:

  1. so pretty! the foundation looks great on your skin, but it is interesting you'd have to mix the powders each time you want to use the product?

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know that is the one thing I'm not keen on about this foundation, it is a bit messy!

      Rosie x

      Delete
  2. Looks really lovely on you hun!

    Lianne
    http://www.thebrunettesays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup looks lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is so quick and easy to apply, it's already become one of my favourites :)

      Rosie x

      Delete
  4. I'm Ellen and I write the blog ellie may (www.elliemay7.blogspot.co.uk)
    I would love to nominate you for the Liebster award, which is an award for up an coming bloggers with under 200 followers. Your blog is really great and a good read, and you do not have enough recognition is that is why I want to nominate you. There will a blog post on my blog about it which you can read to earn more if you don't know what the Liebster award is

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this topshop dress! I looove your blog, so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out the post on it here http://fromtopshoptotemperley.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-award.html :)

    Shannon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for nominating me Shannon! I will definitely take a look :)

      Rosie x

      Delete