Monday 9 September 2013

New Rimmel Purchases


Lasting Finish Lipstick (top) and Colour Rush Balm (below)

Evening Everyone,

Tonight I wanted to show you a couple of purchases that I made recently from Rimmel London. I must admit that I have had something of a rocky relationship with Rimmel products recently ever since I was really disappointed with their Wake Me Up foundation (I know, I know, everyone seems to love it but it left my skin looking decidedly shiny rather than glowy, and the coverage was so sheer I almost needn't have bothered). Anyway, I picked up these two lip products on Friday in the hope that Rimmel could redeem itself, and I'm really excited about trying them.

The first product I bought was the new Lasting Finish Colour Rush Intense Colour Balm in the shade 'Give Me a Cuddle'. I have to confess a large part of what attracted me to this product was the name of the shade! How cute is that?! But I also really liked the sheer, pinky colour of the swatch that I took, and I was hoping this would be a good dupe for the much pricier Clinique Chubby Sticks. As you can see, it is quite a glossy, sheer product on the hand but actually is much more pigmented on the lips and not quite the baby-pink shade I was expecting. It almost seems to me like a lipstain and gloss in one, and the colour lasted on my lips for hours. I still have only tried this product out a couple of times but so far love it for a bright pop of colour on a dreary September day!

The second product is the Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in the shade No.16. I'd seen this product in a few different blog reviews and it was described as a lovely coral shade. Given how in love I am with MAC's Costa Chic lipstick I should have known that this product would struggle to match it, although I agree that the colour is lovely. As with the other Kate Moss lipsticks I've tried I find it glides on really easily and has quite a distinctive, fruity scent which I like. However, I am just not convinced that the shade suits me all that well, and it is immediately very bright on the lips rather than being buildable to your desired brightness. Overall I think I need to give this lipstick a fair trial so will not write it off just yet, but unfortunately first impressions are telling me that it is not going to replace Costa Chic in my affections just yet!

Have you tried either of these products? Are there any Rimmel products you think I should try, as I desperately want to find a product I really love!!

Rosie x


9 comments:

  1. I didn't know rimmel can out with chubby balms too! WHAT AN ADORABLE NAME INDEED GAH soo cute :')
    They remind me of the MUA power pouts, from your description anyways I may check them out ^_^
    great reviews!
    The Blushing Giraffe | The Bloglovin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- I was totally drawn in by the name!! I haven't tried the MUA Power Pouts but thanks for the tip, I'll have a look!

      Rosie x

      Delete
  2. Hi, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, would love it if you did the tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing color!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so is yours!! I would love it if we could follow each other :)

      Rosie x

      Delete
  4. The colour of the Lasting Finish Lipstick looks so pretty, I'm going to be checking it out next time I'm out!

    I've also nominated you for a Liebster Award (I can see I'm not the only one from the other comment above, haha), if you'd like to take part, I've put the link below which should tell you all you need to know :)

    xoxo

    http://greensapphir.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for thinking of me, I will definitely check it out! I've already done the tag but love reading other people's :)

      I'm also following you now on Bloglovin :)

      Rosie x

      Delete
  5. Hello! :)

    I've just nominated you for the Liebster award! Go on my blog and see the rules and also answer the questions I have asked you! While you're there feel free to check out my blog, and maybe follow back? :)

    http://tinasbeautyscrapbook.blogspot.com

    x

    P.S. Loving those lippies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely fabulous~ I'm LOVING those colors~ I'll have to check them out for sure. I'm your newest follower via bloglovin (201). I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow me back as well! Also, if you'd like to keep in touch via FB or twitter, just do so and let me know so I can follow back =)

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: Sensiblestylist


    ReplyDelete