Saturday 10 August 2013

Aztec Nails



Hi Everyone,

Today I have had another go at doing a spot of nail art, this time with an Aztec theme. I love this nail trend, I think it looks really summery and perfect for festivals. As I am still a newbie to the nail art thing I have been choosing pretty simple patterns and found that this one was not too difficult to do (just a bit fiddly!) and actually I'm pretty happy with the end result.


To do this pattern I used four different colour polishes for the base, and then the gold and black to decorate. I still haven't got round to actually buying a proper nail art pen, so again I have used my Estee Lauder liquid eyeliner in Black Sands, which worked pretty well. The polishes I used for the base are (L to R): Barry M Gelly polish in Lychee, Barry M Nail Paint in Blue Moon, Barry M Gelly polish in Passion Fruit and finally the bronze colour from the Revlon Expressionist Nail Art Duo in Jackson Polish. I am really in love with the Barry M Gelly nail varnishes at the moment because the colours are so vivid and shiny, and the Lychee and Passion Fruit colours are my favourite.


To start with I did a base coat, and then painted my base colour over the top. I chose to start with the Passion Fruit shade, but any colour would work.


Once that dries, apply a stripe of another colour through the middle of the nail. The Gelly polishes are really good for this as the colour is very bold and will create a clear stripe over the bases colour in a single application.
Using the other two colours create a thin stripe down either side of the nail too.
Finally, take your nail art pens (or eyeliner in my case) to decorate the nail. I drew triangles down the centre stripe and then lines and zig zags in either corner using the black. Then with the gold I just made a line of small dots down the remaining red colour. Finally, seal with a top coat and you're done!





That's all there is to it! If you have any suggestions of other patterns that I could try then I'd love to hear them and maybe give them a go in my next nail art post.

Rosie x

P.S. I hope you like my blog's new look!




6 comments:

  1. I love looking at nail art people have, this looks so pretty! I will have to try this soon! xx


    Trial and Error Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice! Definitely going to try it out!

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous look, going to have to give this a go. You're very pretty by the way =]
    I've nominated you for the Liebster award, just click on the link to join in =]
    http://marnimay.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-award.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look amazing!! I've tried Aztec nails so many times but you've always needed all this fancy equipment or they aren't very good tutorials but this looks easy! Defo going t have to try it! Love it if you'd check my blog out an comment what you think xx http://its-called-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nail design! I'm definitely going to try and re-create. Hopefully it look something similar to yours :)

    Jessica
    http://www.thewaytomyhart.com

    ReplyDelete