Tuesday 27 August 2013

Product Review: Revlon Photoready Sculpting Palette in 001 Pink Rose


Left to Right: Blush, Bronze and Highlighter
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had an amazing Bank Holiday weekend. I spent mine in a wet field at Reading Festival watching Eminem, Chase & Status, Azealia Banks, Disclosure and loads of other amazing acts! I wanted to do a little lifestyle post about it today but unfortunately my phone died early on and I took absolutely no photos, so it probably wouldn't be the most interesting post in the world. Also I was put to shame by all of the trendy outfits that everyone else seemed to be wearing- for me it was a miracle if I could just about find a clean pair of pants in my tent!

Anyway, that was my weekend, now on to today's post: a review of the Revlon Sculpting Blush Palette. I was so excited to get this as it looks like such a useful product; a combination of a highlighter, blusher and bronzer all in one place. This is another sneaky Revlon product that isn't coming out in the UK, but I was lucky enough to pick one up through a friend. 

The first thing that struck me about this product is the size- the palette itself is a good, handbag-ready size but the product isn't. For some reason, Revlon have chosen to make the blush the biggest product in the palette and the bronzer and highlighter both half the size. This for me just makes no sense, as I can barely get my brush into the smaller sections, and I'm far more likely to use the blush more sparingly than the bronzer.

As you can see in the swatches, the blush is quite pigmented but the bronzer is less so, which is another thing that disappointed me about this palette. The colour of the blush and the highlighter are actually both really pretty on the face, although I found it difficult to see any colour from the bronzer at all and I certainly wouldn't use it for contouring. I also found all three products to be really powdery and already the blush has started to crumble after just a few uses. 

All things considered, I think this product is a great idea that unfortunately just hasn't been executed very well. It is nowhere near as good as the Sleek Face Contour Kit (here) but I do really like the fact that Revlon have thrown a blusher into the mix as well. This product could be hugely improved if they rethought the sizes, got rid of the tiny brush that is included as I don't think it's really necessary, and put in a more matte bronze that could actually be used for contouring. All in all a bit of a disappointment for me I'm afraid, although I will continue to use the highlighter and blush from time to time.

Have you tried this product? Let me know whether you agree!



Rosie x


6 comments:

  1. I have not tried it, but sadly it don't work so well for you...

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review! love the idea of this, but the swatches just don't show up enough for it to be worth it!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post - totally agree about the sizes!xx

    http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pigmented looks so pretty x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really good review (I'm not not as disappointed that we don't get this over here haha) I agree the sleek face form is just phenomenal for drugstore, a real must have!
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I was so disappointed as this had so much potential! I've seen that Urban Decay have brought out a 'flushed' palette so will have to try that one next!

      Rosie x

      Delete