Sunday 4 August 2013

Raiding Poundland!

Hi Everyone,

It is no secret among my friends that I love Poundland. I can't help it- I just love a bargain! The one in Ealing is particularly brilliant, and I was pretty chuffed with myself that I managed to pick up these Rimmel goodies and a Macadamia Oil Body Butter for just £1 each! OK, I originally went in to buy some Vanish stain remover, but with savings like this on offer who can blame me...



In my Poundland mini-haul I bought a Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish in Princess Pink, Rimmel Wake Me Up Shimmer Touch in both Radiant Rose and Shimmering Sand, and a Mellor & Russell Macadamia Oil Body Butter.

They had absolutely loads of nail polishes in Poundland, including some OPI 'Shatter' polishes and others from Collection 2000. I was tempted to stock up, but in the end settled on just one. I've seen loads of posts about girly pink and nude nails recently and I think its a great, low maintenance everyday look, so I'm hoping this one will be a good shade for me. It's a really nice, cream pink and sort of reminds me of strawberry yoghurt.



I couldn't believe my luck when I found these Rimmel highlighters in BOTH colours for just a pound! I have been wanting to try these out for a while but the £4.99 price tag seemed a little steep for such a small tube. I could not have asked for a better deal than this, and I cannot wait to try them out! These are standard sized tubes (14ml) and seem quite glittery from the swatches that I've done so far- I will let you know how I get on with them but reading various reviews it sounds like they might be more suitable for night time make-up than during the day.





Top: Radiant Rose, Bottom: Shimmering Sands

Finally, I picked up this Macadamia Oil Body Butter. I have been reading all sorts of great things about Macadamia Oil recently and was hoping to find a hair mask in the range, but sadly couldn't so I went for the body butter instead. I have only tried a tiny bit so far, but the scent is really subtle and pleasant and the product's consistency feels thick and luxurious like those from the Body Shop. I think this will be a great alternative to my Peach Body Butter that I'm currently using, as the scent from that can at times be a bit overpowering.



So, there is my Poundland haul! I was impressed that all of the Rimmel products came in sealed packets so haven't been tested or tampered with, and the body butter had a foil seal so was unopened. I am going to try these out during the week so will be sure to let you know how I get on!

If you're a Poundland fan too, let me know!

Rosie x

7 comments:

  1. Ooo, this looks good! OPI shatter polishes for a £1?! I always want to go to poundland, but I have to pay £3 to park, so I never go hahaha (stingy ol' me)

    http://prettyluxuries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know I wish I'd bought the OPI polishes now, seriously regretting my decision!!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm def going to have to have a rummage thru my Poundland!

    Lianne
    thebrunettesays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a poundland junkie when it comes to nail varnishes! Also have found some amazing Rimmel products before, but I'm so jealous of those highlighters! they both look gorgeous!

    megabeauty.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't believe my luck! I also read on Money Saving Expert that they are stocking Eylure lashes and Stila foundations in Poundland at the moment, so definitely work a look :)

      Rosie x

      Delete
  5. I love finding some quality stuff in Poundlands, your post made me want to go check out my nearest Poundland today haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you should!! I am going to be well prepared to stock up on my next trip!

      Rosie x

      Delete