Sunday 7 July 2013

Post-Holiday Hello!

Hi Everyone!


Sorry for my radio silence over the past couple of weeks but I have just come back from spending 10 days in Italy with my lovely boyfriend. We had an amazing time; starting off in Rome, then heading to Florence for a few days and winding up on the gorgeous beaches in Rimini. I had never been to Rome before but there is so much to see there! We did a load of walking and saw all the major sights like the Vatican, Spanish Steps etc, but the Colosseum was definitely one of my personal highlights- how amazing to think that it's been standing since Roman times! That is just too cool. 


Finishing up in Rimini was the perfect ending to our trip and the beaches there are the best- 15km of white sand and clear, shallow waters. Despite having sun-loungers available in abundance we chose to stick to our towels and set up camp just a few metres from the sea- beautiful!


On the gorgeous beach in Rimini- wish I was still there!



Anyway, we had a wonderful time in all and also got the opportunity to soak up some much-needed sun- we  even seem to have brought some of it back with us! With that in mind, I wanted to do a quick post on two summer nail polishes which I've been loving in this warm weather- I hope you enjoy!

The first colour is by Seventeen from their 'Fast Finish' range and the shade is called Caribbean Coral. This has been a favourite of mine for a while as it is just such a bright, vibrant colour and looks great with a tan. The colour is very strong even with just one coat and comes out as quite a reddy-coral colour as opposed to some of the pinker shades that are out there. It is quick-drying and lasts out pretty well- I would need a top coat on my hands but have found in the past that it has good staying power on toes without needing much re-application at all. Plus it's only £2.99! I bought mine on offer along with the shades 'Pink Lemonade' and 'Navy Glint' which I also love and are perhaps a bit more work-ready.



The second shade is from Maybelline's 'Color Show' range and is called 'Charged and Ready' (Shade 181). I have to say that I only bought this recently, but have totally and utterly fallen in love with it- I was barely out of the store before I whipped it out and started trialing it on my nails! The colour just screams 'Summer!' to me and is very on trend, although I'm still not 100% sure what colour it actually is... Maybe green? Yellow? a little bit gold? Whatever it is, I have been lusting after a nail colour in this sort of shade for a while but was a little concerned it may look a bit too green and I'd end up looking like I had some kind of fungal infection! In actual fact, the goldy pigments mean that it stays super-bright and super-shiny and I think it will look totally amazing with a bit of fake tan and some open-toed sandals! 



I hope these photos do the colours justice- I decided to take the opportunity to take some shots outside whilst the weather's good! Are there any other summer shades that you think I should be trying?? In my next post I'll give you a glimpse into my summer make-up bag and some of the products I couldn't live without on holiday!



Rosie x


Caribbean Coral (L) and Charged and Ready (R)
Charged and Ready on my tootsies!
Charged and Ready and Caribbean Coral- my hands are in serious nail-rehab at the moment after having gel nails done for my holiday, so I didn't want to get too close!


No comments:

Post a Comment