Monday 29 July 2013

This Week's Beauty Haul!

Hi Beauty Lovers!

Pay day has rolled around again, so that can only mean one thing- a new beauty haul! This one is just a mini-haul as I only had time for a quick dash across Oxford Street after work. But nevertheless, I think I still managed to pick up a few gems! 

In today's haul I got: Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation in Nude, Revlon Photoready Skinlights Illuminator in Pink, Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, Rimmel by Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 101, Korre's Lipbalm in Jasmine, Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade, Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Mousse and Primark Beauty Makeup Sponges.


The whole reason for my quick Boots run was because I wanted to pick up the Dermablend foundation from Vichy. I read about this foundation in a blog recently and was keen to try it for its high coverage but lightweight formula. It is described as giving 'malleable coverage and no mask like effect' which 'gives 12 hours of coverage of uneven skin texture, dark circles and diffused redness'. I know it is a popular foundation for acne sufferers and those with uneven skin tone, and I can't wait to try it and see what it does for me. I am fortunate enough not to have ever had acne and my skin in usually clear, but I do have plenty of freckles and red patches which I am hoping this can help with. I will let you know how I get on!

The Revlon illuminator was a treat purchase and something that I've had my eye on for a while. I love the creamy formula and I can't wait to try this under my new foundation. It comes in two colours, pink or bronze, but as a pale skinned lass I went for the pink to compliment my (hopefully soon-to-be even!) skin tone.

The Kiehl's Hand Salve is actually a present for my boyfriend but I will definitely be trying it as well! He is a landscaper and suffers with terribly dry, cracked hands after a day's work. The lady in Kiehl's was so lovely and told me that her boyfriend is a plasterer and swears by this product. It is perfect because it is especially designed for 'active' hands and is fast absorbing too without leaving a sticky residue. At £19 it wasn't cheap but it is apparently one of Kiehl's cult products, and it is a big 150ml bottle so should last for a while. The sales assistant also threw in loads of sample products for me and my boyfriend so I feel like I got quite a good deal!

Onto the lip products now- I know I recently stocked up on Babylips so SURELY I don't need any more lipbalm, but still I found myself purchasing Korres' tinted lipbalm in Jasmine. This is a gorgeous product and the tint is nice and natural- I will definitely share some photos of this with you all soon! As for the two lipsticks, I have yet to try these but they are both easy-to-wear pink shades which I will no doubt be trialing to work this week.

The make-up sponges were a quick purchase from Primark to allow me to have a go at some Ombre nail art at the weekend. It was only £1 for 20, so I won't feel bad if I end up throwing most of them away! Finally, the fake tan from Cocoa Brown. I read about this product recently on a few different blogs and when I heard it was being sold in Primark I hot-footed it down there. Unfortunately they didn't have any of the 'Day and Night Tan' which my fellow bloggers have been raving about, but they did have the 1 Hour Tan on sale for just £6. This tan is meant to smell really nice and last for up to a week, so I can't wait to try it and share my thoughts with you all. I consider myself to be something of a fake tan expert these days, so I hope it lives up to my expectations!

That was it for my mini beauty haul today, but I will check back in with you once I've had chance to try everything out and reveal my verdicts. In the meantime, the lovely Emily Whitehead from What Em Loves has nominated me for a Liebster Award! I am really really chuffed about it so a BIG thank you to Emily, and I will get cracking on answering her questions in my next post :)

Goodnight all!

Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment