Wednesday 10 September 2014

First Impressions: bareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation



Hi Everyone,

Today I wanted to do a quick 'first impressions' post for the new (and first!) liquid foundation from bareMinerals. They say that it helps you to achieve 'full coverage with a natural finish', and of course being bareMinerals its full of lovely natural ingredients.

My first thought was that I was impressed with how full the coverage was with this foundation- with a name like 'bareSkin' I was expecting little more than a tinted moisturiser. However, the bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation (try saying THAT three times fast!) is actually a nice, medium-to-full coverage foundation.

I did find the formula to be quite oily which is probably down to the serum element and I also found it really tough to blend. I was using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush but found that it left visible brush strokes even after quite a lot of blending. bareMinerals have released a new brush to go with this foundation which maybe does the job better, but as I only have a sample I haven't tried it. 

Overall I have my doubts about how this foundation would fare over several hours due to the oily feel, but I really liked the fresh, almost-dewy finish and I will definitely be trialing it in more detail over the next few days!

Pros:
- Good Coverage
- Natural Ingredients
- Feels Light on the Skin
- Nice Finish

Cons:
- Not Very Blendable
- Oily Consistency
- May Not Be Very Long-Lasting

I hope you found my first impressions helpful! Have you tried this foundation yet?

Rosie x


3 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been wearing it every day since, I'm a real convert!!

      Rosie x

      Delete
  2. Oohh your skin looks flawless! My skin is dry so I feel like this would be great to add some moisture.

    Would love if you check out my blog. Just followed you on instagram and twitter!
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete